2. At what age does Matilda to the library to read books.
3. What is your opinion of Matilda going to the library unaccompanied by a parent or anyone else?
November 26th Questions up to page 19 1. What is Matilda’s favorite book from the children’s section of the library? Why?
2. What advice does the librarian, Mrs. Phelps, give Matilda regarding the things that she doesn’t understand in the books that she is reading? Is this good advice?
December 2nd Questions Up to P. 29 1. Matilda and her father disagree about the use of sawdust in the gear-box of the cars that he sells. Who would you agree with Matilda or her father? Why?
2. What decision does Matilda make while in bed that night?
3. How old is Matilda at this time?
December 3rd Questions up to p. 36 1. What does Matilda do with her father’s hat?
2. Does Mr. Wormwood notice what Matilda has done?
3. What are Mrs. Wormwood’s suspicions as to how the glue go on the hat ?
4. How doe Mr. Wormwood react to Mrs. Wormwood’s suspicions?
December 9th Questions up to p. 36 1. How is the problem finally resolved?
2. Do you think Mr. Wormwood suspects Matilda of putting the glue on the rim of the hat?
December 10th Up to page 48 1. Write a letter to Mrs. Phelps for Matilda, explaining what happened to the book. (friendly letter format)
December 16th Up to page 55 1. What qualities does Matilda wish for her parents?
2. Mr. Wormwood has Michael figure out the car sales profits made on that day. Sales figures on pages 51 and 52. Does your answer coincide with hers? (Are they the same?)
December 17th Up to p. 81 1. The author tells us, on Page 59, that Mr. Wormwood is “incapable of entering any room quietly,” and makes his appearance felt by “creating a lot of noise and chatter. Why do you think that Mr. Wormwood does this?
2. What advice does Miss Honey give her students on the first day of school?
3. Matilda tells Miss Honey that many books written for children have one failing. What is that failing?
December 18th Up to pages 89 1. What is Miss Honey’s opinion regarding Matilda?
2. What is Miss Trunchbull’s reaction to this opinion?
3. Make a thinking map with circle or a Venn Diagram. What ever is easier, though they are basically the same, comparing your adjectives of Matilda and Mr. Wormwood’s adjectives (assessment) of Matilida.
Up to Page 100 1. What does Miss Honey do about Matilda in the classroom?
2. Up to page 116 Matilda and her friend Lavender meet 10 year old Hortensia on the playground. Hortensia tells the young girls about “ The Chokey.” How does she describe it?
December 27th Up to Page 133 1. What is Bruce accused of doing?
2. Up to page 140 What is Lavender’s reason for volunteering to be in charge of Miss Trunchbull’s water jug when the Trunchbull visits the classroom?
3. Up to page 147 How does Miss Honey teach the children how to spell the word difficulty?
January 6th Pages 159 to 169
1.) What is Miss Trunchbull's idea of a perfect school?
2.) Who gets blamed for putting newt into the water?
1.) What punishment does Miss Trunchbull tell Matilda that she will receive?
2.) What is Matilda's reaction?
January 13th Page 170 to 176 1.)Matilda decides to share her secret with an adult. Who is it?
January 14th Page 177 to 192
1.) Why does Miss Honey tell Matilda that they must"tread very carefully from now on"?
January 20th Page 193-205
1.) Who is Miss Honey's aunt?
2.) Why is Miss Honey so poor?
January 21st Pages 210 to 214 1.)Matilda asks Miss Honey for some information. What does Matilda want to know?
2.) What does Matilda practice doing when she gets home?
January 27th Pages 215 to 226
1.) When Miss Trunchbull asks Wilfred to recite the three times tables backwards, Miss Honey has something about life to tell the Trunchbull. What is it?
2.) What kind of message does the chalk write on the school blackboard?
February 3rd P.227 to 240 1.) How are Miss Honey's problems resolved?
2.) What happens at school after the Trunchbull leaves?
February 4th Pages 227 to 240
1.) What happens to Matilda's power?
2.)Miss Honey has an explanation as to why the Wormwoods are leaving for Spain. What is it?